No Oceans in Southern California

David Fein

I just installed the FTX Southern California and there are no oceans, all the oceans are replaced by land.  Attached is a picture of leaving Catalina Island heading towards Los Angeles with nothing but land where oceans are supposed to be.  I tried a few coastal locations, it happens everywhere. How can I fix this? 

Order #FSS0492055, Order date: 2016-05-31

Thanks!

David

orbx souther cal no ocean.png

Nick, thanks that worked.  I'm totally loving ORBX scenery, it makes all the difference in the world for FSX!

I am having a few other performance related issues.  One is at KLAX I see black squares all over the landscape as shown on the attached laxorbx.png file.  Also, I sometimes get really slow FPS (6-10) at KLAX is the slowest I've seen.  I set the Scenery setting based on the Southern California Orbx manual.   I also see strange things in scenery that seem to be performance related.  There are times the gauges (in a Aerosoft Twin Otter Extended) and the outside view of the plane take a long time (minutes sometimes) to repaint (gauges are blank, plane looks like it has primer but no paint).  If I use the PMDG 777, performance issues are worse.  

So, in general I think I have plenty of hardware/RAM, but clearly I'm seeing a number of performance issues.  My first question, is with my hardware configuration, what should I expect in terms of Orbx Southern Cal performance?  FPS and scenery that does not have intermittent glitches, etc?  What is the best strategy to maximize Orbx scenery performance?

Thanks,

David 

PS My computer is: NVIDA GeForce GTX 680, Intel i7 950 @ 3.7 GHz, RAM 24 Gig, OS: Windows 10

laxorbx.png

No help  I know but KLAX is a killer for everyone due it having the massive urban area. People on really high spec rigs are using default settings. Traffic ai will also add to your poor fps because the KLAX area is also surrounded by many, many airports. Once you are out of the KLAX area you should see your fps/smoothness increase dramatically.

The rest of Socal is fine and you should be able to get good fps and smooth flight.

Archived