Saleing

VH-KDK

Not this type of sailing even though this is the original version which I much preferred to Rod Stewart's rendition.....

..... but the ORBX May Sale which is drawing to a rapid close and I hope we have all taken advantage of.

I have been able to buy the few missing airports in my collection which has encouraged me to do some flying in Norway.

1.sg1.jpg

Heading off on a flight from ENSD.

2.sg2.jpg

Same plane different continent, that wonderful Aztec taking a first flight from Cloverdale.

3.sg6.jpg

Same continent, different sale(thanks Gerold:)). Today brought the Virtavia Chinook, along with the Sonic Sounds sound set. Here it is sounding fantastic at Butte AK.

4.sg7.jpg

Same sale, same continent. The wonderful Blenheim fitted with Cheetah engines :huh:. Here it is flying over the Coquille River at Riverton OR.

5.sg5.jpg

First flight from Agua Dolce which I brought last night.

6.sg3.jpg

Got the Airtourer last week and what a terrific little plane it is too. If you like GA and have don't own this one I highly recommend it. Compton Abbas is the venue before a flight to Gloucester which I knew as Staverton.

7.sg4.jpg

Another Airtourer this time at ENNO, which was the first ORBX sale purchase this time round.

Many thanks to JV and the ORBX folks for giving us the opportunity to save 38% on your excellent products.

Each airport cost less that a packet of fags, gives hours of endless enjoyment and is only a risk to the health if the missus finds out just how much I am spending:ph34r::ph34r::lol:

Lovely stuff Martyn!

And ain't these sales something? Trouble is there's still a bunch of stuff I don't have and I daren't buy any more now (had three visits already). And - I must have them ALL! (Damn this OCD <grin>)

Oh well. I guess I'll just have to fly somewhere and get over it.

8 hours ago, simplymario said:

I have been saleing too :ph34r::D... Fortunately, this kind of opportunity is not available too often. Great shots, by the way!

Thanks Mario. I have been giving the CC a real hammering over the last year buying in the various sales. I cannot resist!

8 hours ago, gumbypickett said:

Nice shots KDK the Airtourer looks a little ripper.

I only wish I worked for the government so I could buy all the Orbx products

with the taxes they collect from the packs of fags sold.^_^

cheers

Gumby

Cheers Gumby. I always say that you can tell when they don't know how to solve a problem they put a tax on it!

6 hours ago, RJ said:

STOP IT, I was pondering weather to buy the Air Tourer in the current sale and now you have just put up this stunning array of shots :angry:

Have you no scruples!

;):D

Thanks RJ. Just trying to think, I have heard these words somewhere before.

Oh yes, buy the Air Tourer, it is a wonderful piece of Australiana.

6 hours ago, Doc Scott said:

Superb pictures and a stunning variety of aircrafts !!

Scott

Thank you Scott.

6 hours ago, BradB said:

I was saleing last night myself , I picked up the rest of the PNW airports that I was missing . Where should I "Sale" today . :huh::o:D

Cheers

John

Still plenty of places to Sale John but don't procrastinate.

Remember "He (or she, better be PC on my PC) who hesitates has less places to fly and fewer aircraft to fly there in.":huh:

6 hours ago, micjn66 said:

Fantastic shots Martyn

I got the Airtourer last year and I love it.It compliments my Frat Bros Designs CT4B and CT4E.

Thanks Michael, long live the Plastic Parrot.

5 hours ago, PDX Flyer said:

One of the most entertaining narratives I have seen yet.  You Sir are a very witty and cleaver weaver of thoughts and words!

Oh yes, I forgot to mention, very nice pictures.

Many thanks for the kind words PDX and remember flattery will get you everywhere.

3 hours ago, Bermuda425 said:

Top-of-the-fleet captures!!

Cheers Bermuda.

3 hours ago, olderndirt said:

All these carrots dangling - you can sling load your Airtourer under the Chinook - how handy is that?

Thank you Oldendirt. I could even unbolt the wings and carry it inside the Chinook!

1 hour ago, Voyager said:

Outstanding collection Martyn!

Voyager

From iPad

Thanks Voyager.

Many thanks for your wonderful comments which are greatly appreciated as always.

12 minutes ago, andy1252 said:

Lovely stuff Martyn!

And ain't these sales something? Trouble is there's still a bunch of stuff I don't have and I daren't buy any more now (had three visits already). And - I must have them ALL! (Damn this OCD <grin>)

Oh well. I guess I'll just have to fly somewhere and get over it.

You are the same as me and the trouble is that I will probably go back for a couple more today.

Just enjoy it while we can!

Your credit card must have had hard weeks of work, as well as you v key. I hope your boss won´t notice, otherwise you might have weeks off this forum filled with garden or even kitchen work ahead.

Sorry for pointing you to Virtavia. I am also struggling with the Chinook, since I saw them waiting around...:

IMG_2644.jpg

7 minutes ago, Stillwater said:

Your credit card must have had hard weeks of work, as well as you v key. I hope your boss won´t notice, otherwise you might have weeks off this forum filled with garden or even kitchen work ahead.

Sorry for pointing you to Virtavia. I am also struggling with the Chinook, since I saw them waiting around...:

IMG_2644.jpg

Thanks Gerold and don't be sorry, I am making hay while the sun shines so to speak.

Great photo too.

I have my eyes on some more before Tuesday comes.

There is plenty of gardening, maintenance and house work just around the corner:)

The Chinook is magnificent  and even better with the added sound, good hunting!

Archived