Unified lclookup and what to expect.

Ed Correia

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Ben McClintock said:

Vector 1.4 hasn't been released yet :)

The time that FTX Central estimates isn't 100% accurate, usually it will speed up when it's downloading the larger files that are in the update. 

However, you can download the full .zip from our website if you'd like to download and install it without using FTX Central: http://cloud.orbxsystems.com/orbxfreeware/libraries/combined/FTXORBXLIBS_160528.zip

I'm currently downloading at something like 22b/s and its saying it will take me 498 days despite the fact I have 100MB broadband lol.  Is it safe to cancel the auto download through FTX Central 2 and apply it manually from the above link?

EDIT: I've quit anyway but getting a measly 150kb/s from the above URL hmmm.  Guess I've just have to leave it running and wait.

Thanks

This achievement is most welcome and I just had a flawless FTX migration and a scenic "hybrid" flight also. Thank you for that!

What I noticed is, that my former 'product update available' notifications in FTX-C have gone. (I had four of them.) Those had been caused by using old box installers for FTX airports, but not updating them with a download version from Flightsimstore.

Am I correct to assume that now those four FTX airports have been updated without going through the process of obtaining download versions from FSS with proof of box purchase and paying those small handling fees?

Question:

I know it's recommended to install the libraries every time you install a new ORBX product.  Will that still be the case with these latest ones huge/migrator libs?  Or will it not matter because it's "smart enough" that it will not try to do the migration, etc. again?

Thanks,

26 minutes ago, olli4740 said:

This achievement is most welcome and I just had a flawless FTX migration and a scenic "hybrid" flight also. Thank you for that!

What I noticed is, that my former 'product update available' notifications in FTX-C have gone. (I had four of them.) Those had been caused by using old box installers for FTX airports, but not updating them with a download version from Flightsimstore.

Am I correct to assume that now those four FTX airports have been updated without going through the process of obtaining download versions from FSS with proof of box purchase and paying those small handling fees?

I think you can easily see what version you have by going to settings and checking "installed products"...

2 hours ago, walterg74 said:

I think you can easily see what version you have by going to settings and checking "installed products"...

Thanks, Walter.

Those 4 airports are still the old versions. Now I am remembering that the updated FTX-C did not notify me about the latest ORBXLIBS being available?!?

Thanks so much for doing this. No more waiting for GSX to update airports after changing a region, no more configuration problems with other addons that require matching airport layouts. Just tested the new version, it works flawlessly. Yet another reason to support ORBX :)

Peter

I posted this in the P3D thread.

I have 3.2, just installed yesterday.

Why do I no longer haveFTX Central showing FSX?  I have only installed Global into P3D so far and it shows it.

How do I get it to show FSX?

The icon text shows it as FSX and P3D.

Anyone else see this?

Thanks.

2 minutes ago, Geezer said:

Any ideas on what Orbx setting for SimStarter?

Thank you for this great update.

That's a good question indeed. I didn't find time to try it, but my first guess would be to untick the chekbox "Use ORBX regions" under Extended Settings. This should avoid any further Region switching. Besides. I'll probably more or less keep the Profiles I had defined before.

Kind regards, Michael

To the ORBX crew:

Thanks for the awesome update.  After the very long download (and download errors in between), FTC Central looks and works great.

One little booboo though, there is still a checkbox for "Show Active Region on Desktop Icon"...this seems irrelevant, right?  I never used this feature before, but thought that since everything is unified, this is no longer necessary.

27 minutes ago, pmb said:

That's a good question indeed. I didn't find time to try it, but my first guess would be to untick the chekbox "Use ORBX regions" under Extended Settings. This should avoid any further Region switching. Besides. I'll probably more or less keep the Profiles I had defined before.

That sounds reasonable and will probably work.  I will definitely keep the same profiles.  They are not dependent on this upgrade.

27 minutes ago, pmb said:

That sounds reasonable and will probably work.  I will definitely keep the same profiles.  They are not dependent on this upgrade.

Ref to SimStater. I use it and all I did was untick the Use ORBX Regions. I use my profiles as normal. I did first off try the Master setting which has every single addon activated and had no problem with that either. In fact it did not take any longer to load a flight whether in a FTX region  or in Global. So basically no change except that we don't have to switch region, and the best part is that since Hybrid no longer exists you get the full fat version of a Region if you enter it from a Global/OLC area. This aspect was confirmed to me by Ben McLintock

1 hour ago, JS07 said:

I posted this in the P3D thread.

I have 3.2, just installed yesterday.

Why do I no longer haveFTX Central showing FSX?  I have only installed Global into P3D so far and it shows it.

How do I get it to show FSX?

The icon text shows it as FSX and P3D.

Anyone else see this?

Thanks.

What do you mean? It doesn't let you select the sim?

In my case installed into P3D and I still get asked FSX or P3D on launching FTX Central. 

The icon itself shows "FTX Central 2 (FSX - Europe, P3DV3 - FTX Global)"

The bar at the very top of the FTX Central windows shows "FTX Central 2 - P3DV3"

I have no way to access my FSX stuff now.

Just P3D and all I have is Global installed in P3D but a ton of stuff in FSX.

I don't know what to do now.

3 minutes ago, JS07 said:

The icon itself shows "FTX Central 2 (FSX - Europe, P3DV3 - FTX Global)"

The bar at the very top of the FTX Central windows shows "FTX Central 2 - P3DV3"

I have no way to access my FSX stuff now.

Just P3D and all I have is Global installed in P3D but a ton of stuff in FSX.

I don't know what to do now.

Wait. I'm missing a step...

icon shows both. But what happens when yo double click the icon? Doesn't it show you the option to choose either sim?? The bar of course will show whatever sim you selected. 

5 minutes ago, walterg74 said:

Wait. I'm missing a step...

icon shows both. But what happens when yo double click the icon? Doesn't it show you the option to choose either sim?? The bar of course will show whatever sim you selected. 

I'm downloading the latest LIBS file right now,  It has taken 8 hours so far but almost done.

But BEFORE I started downloading the LIBS file when I double-clicked on that icon all I got was P3D.  No FSX.

I had it both yesterday before the Central update…

Thank you for helping me as I don't know much about this stuff.

6 minutes ago, JS07 said:

I'm downloading the latest LIBS file right now,  It has taken 8 hours so far but almost done.

But BEFORE I started downloading the LIBS file when I double-clicked on that icon all I got was P3D.  No FSX.

I had it both yesterday before the Central update…

Thank you for helping me as I don't know much about this stuff.

Ok wait for the libs and install and see what happens, as getting the choice should be the normal way. 

I downloaded the libraries, installed and only then opened ftx central and let it update. 

3 minutes ago, walterg74 said:

Ok wait for the libs and install and see what happens, as getting the choice should be the normal way. 

I downloaded the libraries, installed and only then opened ftx central and let it update. 

Ok, I will get back to you after the libs install.

Thank you very much!  I appreciate your help a lot.

Edit: It has taken eight hours for the libs file.  It still has 26 minutes to go but that could mean two hours.  I wonder why it's so slow?

This has to be the most supremely frustrating Orbx experience I have ever had.

It froze at 26 minutes 16 seconds for 30 minutes.

So I cancelled it and restarted and a red box popped up warning me that 23 files weren't downloaded and it would try.

So it's doing it now and what usually takes me 5 mins is now saying 23 DAYS! to download.

10 minutes ago, JS07 said:

This has to be the most supremely frustrating Orbx experience I have ever had.

It froze at 26 minutes 16 seconds for 30 minutes.

So I cancelled it and restarted and a red box popped up warning me that 23 files weren't downloaded and it would try.

So it's doing it now and what usually takes me 5 mins is now saying 23 DAYS! to download.

Weird.. I downloaded the libs first, big 1.8gb. After instalking ftx central did update but it was like 2-3 mins...  Is your internet ok? Malware?

My internet is fine because between trying to download these libs I went to the FSS and downloaded some pretty huge Orbx regions for P3D and they came right down.

I restarted it and now I have 7 minutes left, no, 10, no 9, no 6.....

Ok, it finished and now I'm getting a Migration box.

Clicked OK, finished fast.

It's all done but still the same.  I do NOT have my FSX files showing as it's only showing P3D.

Is this normal?

Am I not allowed to have FTX Central show both FSX and P3D?

I am absolutely lost and very discouraged.

5 minutes ago, JS07 said:

Ok, it finished and now I'm getting a Migration box.

Clicked OK, finished fast.

It's all done but still the same.  I do NOT have my FSX files showing as it's only showing P3D.

Is this normal?

Am I not allowed to have FTX Central show both FSX and P3D?

I am absolutely lost and very discouraged.

Ok so when you start the installer for the libs, doesn't that let you choose fsx/p3d either?

edit: just in case, ftx central will never show BOTH sims... What it will do (when all is working correctly) is will let you pick which one you want to configure when you launch it, and then startup to allow you do change settings etc FOR THAT SIM. 

However if you don't get to choose, something's definiteky wrong. 

16 minutes ago, Hangar24 said:

I went to the Support page and downloaded the libraries from My FTX Patch Server.  Took about 5 minutes and I don't have the best internet speed.

Ha. 5 minutes and you "don't have the best internet speed"..? You clearly take thingns for granted and have no clue whatother suffer m, my friend... Try about 1 HOUR per GB as an average here..

1 minute ago, walterg74 said:

Ok so when you start the installer for the libs, doesn't that let you choose fsx/p3d either?

Nope.

I even ran the registry repair tool and it did not show FSX but did show P3D so I told it where FSX was and then it was green but it still only shows P3D.

I right clicked on the icon and told it to run as administrator and then it gave me a choice of P3D or FSX but it's the OLD Central, no change, I can still change regions like before.

Now it's got a green bar telling me to update it's libs file again.

So here we go again.

2 minutes ago, JS07 said:

Nope.

I even ran the registry repair tool and it did not show FSX but did show P3D so I told it where FSX was and then it was green but it still only shows P3D.

See the edit to my last post. Ftx central will never show both, it will let you choose the sim on launch. If that's not happening something is screwed up. 

Make sure you have the orbx folder within FSX and from the scripts folder run ftxconfigurator first and try it, and if that doesn't do it try running ftxcentral2_setup in that same folder. 

2 minutes ago, JS07 said:

I right clicked on the icon and told it to run as administrator and then it gave me a choice of P3D or FSX but it's the OLD Central, no change, I can still change regions like before.

Now it's got a green bar telling me to update it's libs file again.

So here we go again.

Yeah so it's important to always run these things as administrator. 

Play by play, sorry, I rebooted the PC, right clicked the icon, ran as admin and now I got the Start Migration Process and I saw a bunch of black screens with cmd entries flashing fast, migration complete.

So NOW I think it works.

After he migration process I now have the familiar FTX Central 2 but no Apply Group button so is this normal?

9 hours ago, Bruce Hamilton said:

I'm noticing some of my airport directories have a .migrated file, and others do not, did some of my sceneries not migrate over?

Only some (mainly AU) airports will have .migrated file, the majority of airports won't, so that's expected.

As an above poster said, downloading from the support page and using anything that isn't ORBX Cloud should give you very good download speeds.  I maxed out my crappy 9mbit dsl connection, which isn't saying a lot, but 20 minutes to download isn't exactly horrible.

-stefan

Archived