FTX Cote d'Azur cityscape sea and hills

Hi Maurizio,

Beautiful work.  Just beautiful.  Are any of the mountains to the east of the city part of the work as well?  They'd make for a stunning approach into the airport.

Gregg

Wow, it"s getting so realistic.

I recognize the dam at the top end of Nice airport (white paveway along the sea).

Maurizio,

Could you later include 1 or 2 screenshots showing how your scenery seams with the airport ? 

Dom

1 minute ago, Maurizio Giorgi said:

Thanks so much for your comments :) Yes, there are mountains to the east, this made necessary for the scenery to develop customized mesh too, and  @Holger Sandmann did a great job!

That's wonderful.  I remember turning final over them back when it was just FTX Global and looking down.  I was stunned, even back then, and thought to myself that this has to be one of the most beautiful approaches in the world.  Then came OpenLC...and now this.  Seriously, this is going to be something.

This looks so so so beautiful.  Any idea of how much longer to wait until release.  I know you guys (or guy) have been working on this a long time.  Pardon me, but I am getting impatient.  Personally speaking, I would take it "as is", and wait for a patch later if you deemed necessary.

This look it might be Orbx's best work to date!

Maurizio, I wish you to earn enough for a wonderful stay in Nice, including a sightseeing flight, of course. I'll contribute my part :)

Kind regards, Michael

Thanks again you all :) The hardest part of the flight simulator is that when you create something for it, you have to take in count that with an airplane you make large distances in few time, so a good scenery that's not an airport with the surround has to be enough large to have fun. This takes about 40 min or more of cruise flight to run entirely with a Cessna, so a good gameplay, considering that in any direction you watch there always is something cool to discover in this area. The sad side instead is that at least the vegetation needs to be placed by hand (but also a good amount of buildings if you want it looks with many different buildings like in the reality and also if you want to clean the unnecessary). The part between Nice and Monaco is for sure more spectacular respect to what you have already seen in this screenshots. By my side i feel the same impatience to end the scenery but i am limited from the fact that it grows slowly respect to the dimension, so i continue to work everyday on it without thinking too much to the time needed to complete it.

21 hours ago, Dom Mason said:

Wow, it"s getting so realistic.

I recognize the dam at the top end of Nice airport (white paveway along the sea).

Maurizio,

Could you later include 1 or 2 screenshots showing how your scenery seams with the airport ? 

Dom

Hi Dom, if you meant how it looks with Nice X, here there is some test shots, anyway maybe i can do better on the compatibility side, i still have to try some other tip for the surround of the airport expecially.

aca157a94475ed86840606d4a3771d14.jpg

bffb222d19acaf610b786304136d08aa.jpg

c7029d6b66d1a512d9e1bdf473c6d31b.jpg

422c14718bef0b710f092dd3293d8f8c.jpg

If there is one thing that i am not able to do it's an airport :)

Nice Nice  hollidays oNice.......... For flying over and driving here a lot of time, it's fine landscape made in ; congrats  Maurizio,

Now................................! when it was finish, you can extend the scenery to the west side of côte d'azur ;) because it's awesome

Patrick

• 3 weeks later...

This looks fabulous, this is why my Aerosoft Nice, good though it was, remains uninstalled in my P3DV3, the city itself just looks too generic.   Looking forward to this and I won't be waiting for a sale either!

Those places are beautiful, and your job is simply wonderful. I used to spend some holiday in Menton, reaching Nice. Ity's a real pity that Aerosoft's airport in not compatible with P3D v3.2; I don't use anymore Migration Tool since sometimes it install folders in weird places; so..

BTW, if you like such a contrast, come to Trieste, where you'll find sea, hills (the stunning Carso) and mountains - the Alpi Giulie going to an end near Fiume (Rijeka) :)

Maurizio, I wasn't quite convinced by the very first shots you posted - autogen looked a bit messy. Over the last few months, I've been more and more impressed and I'm sure this is going to be a work of art by the time of release. At the current quality, I'd definitely be a buyer. Excited!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

16 minutes ago, kityatyi said:

Wonderful! 

I am definitely going to buy this - my question is, however, does the Aerosoft Nice work under P3D v3.2 or not?

Hi Kityatyi,

it works - apart from the runway and PAPI lights -, but only if you install it using Migration Tool; actually, ev'ry not P3D but FSX only Aerosoft installer looks for a FSX root folder. I didn't use it anymore since it used to create issues with MilViz planes and placing folders in unwanted places.

31 minutes ago, farman said:

Hi Kityatyi,

it works - apart from the runway and PAPI lights -, but only if you install it using Migration Tool; actually, ev'ry not P3D but FSX only Aerosoft installer looks for a FSX root folder. I didn't use it anymore since it used to create issues with MilViz planes and placing folders in unwanted places.

Thank you for your kind response!

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/6/2016 at 10:02 PM, farman said:

Hi Kityatyi,

HI,

PROBLEM SOLVED FOR P3D V3.X USERS: create a fake "FSX.exe" file (from a blank text file, renamed) and insert it into the Airport folder or any other one of your choice; better to avoid the P3D root path. After that install inside it and insert it manually in the scenery library.

Just read that Justsim is making airport Nice Cote Azur for P3D , and that will be released soon, is this airport blending

together with orbx ?, 

Due of this release don't expect a new makeover of Nice by aerosoft anymore.

Archived