AI Aircraft Issues

Can someone assist me with an unusual issue.

Issue 1: FTX Freeware Traffic works but a number of the aircraft have no textures. e.g., JetStar is OK but Qantas is all white. Also many of the GA freeware have no textures.

Issue 2: Even thought the sliders are up in FSX, if I go outside Australia there is no AI traffic and no option to view traffic enroute.

Very weird. Haven't seen anything in for forums I'm wondering if FSX got screwed up during the setup process.

Ideally, I'd like to avoide doing it all again.

Regards, Paul

Hi Paul

1, Are you using the DirectX10 preview function in FSX?, as the FTX_AI is not compatible with the preview function

2, To return to default FSX traffic, turn off the FTX_AI via the control panel

Hope that helps, I'm not an AI expert,I just leave the FTX_AI on and ignore the rest of the world ;)

Cheers

Tim  

Thanks Tim MATE!

You just saved me days of work reinstalling all my FSX associated apps.

I thought I'd screwed something up.

Yes - I'm using Direct10X preview - This is because for the first time I have a computer capable of using it and simply had to try it out.

Didn't appreciate that while FTX AI traffic was up the default AI traffic is down. That makes sense.

Thanks again. I can enjoy my weekend now.

Regards, Paul

The DX10 preview (guess why it is called preview) is nothing more than an experiment which was accidentally promised and had to be done. Somehow...

While it shows increased performance with proper hardware and (IMO) better picture quality (if vsync and AA would work), the amount of increased compatibility headache is in no relation to its gains.

Really...

Thanks for the feedback Mango. Now tell me, for those magnificent shots you come up with, are you using the DX10 Preview?

What can I say - your shots are something to aspire to ...

Regards, Paul

Archived