Help with "D"

geejo

Hi

Can anyone out the help me with an annoyance?  Why does my FSX keep telling me to reset my direction indicator (Press D), particularly, it seems when flying helicoptors?  Even when I do so I get the same message a minute or two later.

Also perhaps how can I stop being told that my engine is not started.  Of course I can see that.  I haven't yet started it.

Thanks anyone

FSS0018882,FSS0019263,FSS0019383,FSS0023400,FSS0024396

Geejo

Why does my FSX keep telling me to reset my direction indicator (Press D), particularly, it seems when flying helicoptors?

As others have said, you can turn off the reminders. But the DI will drift, like in real life. in other words, it will gradually stop telling you the truth and you'll be fllying the wrong way! You need to periodically realign it with what the compass reads...

Hmm ... while we're asking questions! I could ahve sworn there is an option for toggling whether the squawk code is automatically set or not. I can't for the life of me find it now though. Does anybody know if it exists and where it is if it does?

It is the drift in the gyro compass - a realism setting - all gyro compasses (in light aircraft) will drift and need to be periodically realigned to the magnetic compass (while you are bouncing around the sky and the mag compass is swinging about but you align the gyro an any case)

You can change the squawk it before you confirm the change with ATC. If you do this the the ATC will pick up that is has changed and go onto the next set of instructions.

Ok. Maybe that's what I've been missing. I want to set it myself :)

Thanks for your help guys....I realise the gyro drifts and should be checked every 15 minutes or so but not minue by minute.

I'll try the other (HideInfoText=1).

The Display Flying tips doesn't seem to make a difference to this.

Safe flying

Geejo

Archived