Johnny Walker (Black Label) to the rescue.

VH-KDK

Tindall Airbase in the Northern Territory is under threat.

There is only one old Spitfire flown by the highly decorated  Captain Johnny Walker, Black Label, DFC, DT with 2 bottles, to defend Tindall. Can he save the day.

eins.js1.jpg

The Tannoy crackles to life, Scramble Scramble. Bandits approaching from the south.

zwei.js2.jpg

Captain Johnny Walker staggers to his trusty old Spitfire in a drunken stupor and heads for the blue yonder.

drei.js3.jpg

Mein Gott! Spitfires, weglaufen, weglaufen. The Stukas turn tail but it is too late.

veir.js4.jpg

Ich habe in meinem Big Ende getroffen. The first Stuka spirals out of sight.

funf.js5.jpg

Achtung kommt hier John Walker. Wir haben keine Hoffnung. Johnny Walker closes in for the kill.

sechs.js6.jpg

Walker terrorises the hapless fliers with a series of close passes. Surrender or die Walker shouts down the radio.

seiben.js7.jpg

wir aufgeben. Wir haben keine Bomben nur Bratwurst und Schnaps. The truth is revealed about the German weaponry.

acht.js8.jpg

They are ordered to fly back to Tindall

neun.js9.jpg

Walker does a victory roll in celebration.

zehn.js10.jpg

elf.js11.jpg

zwolf.js13.jpg

He soon joins the captured fliers and is immediately awarded another bottle to his DT for his bravery.

No Stukas or Luftwaffe crew were harmed compiling this story.

BradB said:-

"I wish I had an American Spitfire , so I could shoot your ass down Martyn ."

Too late John, I changed sides.

Fantastic shots (how did you make this formation?) and an absolutely outstanding story! When I saw Bild drei I was captured!

Also good to learn that the Luftwaffe did not manage to take more dangerous weapons than Bratwurst and Schnaps out of Europe.

Well, in the long run that might also have deadly effect, probably more people killed by alcohol and overweight than by Stukas.

• 1 month later...
On ‎24‎/‎04‎/‎2016 at 7:40 PM, Stillwater said:

Fantastic shots (how did you make this formation?) and an absolutely outstanding story! When I saw Bild drei I was captured!

Also good to learn that the Luftwaffe did not manage to take more dangerous weapons than Bratwurst and Schnaps out of Europe.

Well, in the long run that might also have deadly effect, probably more people killed by alcohol and overweight than by Stukas.

Cheers Gerold. Being overweight is a national pastime here down under as you may have notice on your visits here.

You will find the formation flying tool I used here. I got it to work so it MUST be easy to use.

http://www.mudpond.org/

Apologies for being slow to reply.

On ‎24‎/‎04‎/‎2016 at 7:52 PM, Voyager said:

Nice storytelling, hilarious if I can say (LoL), but highlights the legend of the Spitfire!

Great shots.Martyn!

Voyager

From iPad

Cheers Voyager glad you enjoyed it.

On ‎24‎/‎04‎/‎2016 at 9:43 PM, andy1252 said:

Lovely stuff Martyn -great shots and great fun! (did Captain Walker help out in more than one way, perchance? <grin>)

I would not be surprised Andy, he has many talents.

On ‎24‎/‎04‎/‎2016 at 10:08 PM, sightseer said:

I really enjoyed that.  Thanks. fun story. good humour. nice shots.

Cheers sightseer.

On ‎24‎/‎04‎/‎2016 at 10:10 PM, scottharmes6 said:

Great pics and story.  I was chuckling the whole way through.

Love that Spitfire too.

Cheers,

Thanks Scott.

On ‎24‎/‎04‎/‎2016 at 2:34 AM, andy1252 said:

I just realised - "DT with two bottles" - love it! Nice one, Martyn

No worries Andy, sometimes my wave length is a difficult one to be on.

On ‎24‎/‎04‎/‎2016 at 2:45 AM, olderndirt said:

The great Bob Hoover flew a Spitfire with USAAF logos, but don't believe he ever got to Tindall.  Great illustrated story.

Thanks Oldendirt, a shame I never saw him fly especially in that inconspicuous Aero Commander of his.

On ‎25‎/‎04‎/‎2016 at 7:56 PM, Bermuda425 said:

Bratwurst und Schnaps :D

Glorious flying experience!

Greetings,

Bermuda

You fly better on a full stomach as long as your manoeuvers are not too drastic.

Thanks for all your great comments and glad you enjoyed the exploits of The Captain.

On ‎24‎/‎04‎/‎2016 at 10:48 PM, RJ said:

:D:D One of a rare outstanding posts around here. Loved it. You're the best! 

Sorry RJ, I missed thanking you the first time around. Musht have been too much of that Red Label.

4 hours ago, dolf8857 said:

Verry nice set!

Cheers Dolf.

47 minutes ago, BradB said:

Top shots Martyn !! .

Cheers

John

Thank you John.

Thanks again for commenting, very much appreciated.

Archived