Hitting the right note.

VH-KDK

I been installing a few Australian airports in P3Dv2 and 3 this morning and took a flight out of Warnervale.

1.g1.jpg

Headed for YPEC but found out I had yet to install it. Came across this feature that reminded me of the body of a guitar. This is actually part of the Eraring Power Station.

Seeing this made me think of Tamworth.

2.g2.jpg

This had reminded me of The Big Golden Guitar in Tamworth, whose airport I had also installed this morning. For those who don't know Tamworth holds a huge Country Music Festival each year and to mark this a replica of the award trophy was constructed in 1988. It is about 12 metres high and stands in the front of the Longyard Hotel. Nicely modelled it is too.

51 minutes ago, gumbypickett said:

Nice couple of shots KDK. You can be excused for your lapse 

in memory, purely because of the amount of airports to install.

I'm not suggesting anything else. (:

Cheers Gumby, old age and a failing memory has nothing to do with it..............I think:huh::lol:

1 hour ago, RJ said:

Everything looking good Martyn. :)

Thanks RJ.

2 hours ago, Voyager said:

You picked up well these coincidences! All the guitars tuned!

Great shots!

Voyager

From iPad

Cheers Voyager, the Big Guitar at Tamworth does not have any strings as they wanted to replicate the award trophy which too is stringless!

Many thanks for your great comments gents.

18 minutes ago, olderndirt said:

Had you checked the notams, you'd have found YPEC still uninstalled.  Points removed for poor preflight :).

Not only is YPEC uninstalled but on checking the ORBX site I see that it is non V3 compliant.:rolleyes:

'bout time the folks at ORBX extracted the digit.:o

Only points removed. Damn it I was hoping for 20 lashes with the wet boot lace.:(

21 hours ago, Iain Emms said:

Fine shots.

cheers

Iain

Thanks Iain.

15 hours ago, BradB said:

Two fine shots my friend !! .

Cheers

John

Thank you John.

8 hours ago, Bluebear said:

nice one's !!

Cheers

Bluebear

Thanks Bluebear.

8 hours ago, Stillwater said:

Reinstalling is awful. You got to work what you already have been doing before, and the biggest issue are these little manual adjustments (deactivating conflicting entries). Hope you get through with it problemlos.

Been doing my latest P3DV2.4 re install since October and then there are all the new quad installers for V3.0. Lucky we have all the info about our ORBX products in Central. How did we ever do without it!

Many thanks Gents for your great comments.

Archived