just some shots with the Seneca II

Plexi1

Very nice shots Plexi.

It's a coincidence but FlightSim emailed me this morning to offer a download of this aircraft.  I am very tempted but they had no pictures of it so this has helped a lot.

How does it compare with the Beechcraft Duke?

John

Yes, I got it Plexi and have just finished my first flight in it.  It is nice to fly.  I have only two small complaints.  I know you don't really need it because it really is easy to fly, but the operation of the auto pilot is interesting to say the least, and the GPS is a little too small so I found it difficult to pick out the detail.  I liked the tricky little touch of hiding the light switches under the closing panel and then putting the indtrument panel lighting in a different place!

Visibility through the side windows is somewhat limited I found mainly because of those massive engines.  I liked the posh interior though.  Very nice.

All in all, I like it better than the Duke because the Duke does come with a few problems - like packing up halfway through a perfectly normal flight the other day and the noise is just too great. I know it can be turned down in the cfg but I've found that's not really the answer.

All the best.

Have fun.

John

Glad you like it :)

Autopilot does what it is supposed to do, it is simple but sufficient

Regarding the GPS, you know that you can open the GPS in a small window with SHIFT + 2 ? If you find that to small, have a look at the panel.cfg, I changed the window size of the GPS window by entering the red values as below (original values are the ones behind the // to keep ´em if I need ´em)

----------------------------------------------------

[Window01]

Background_color=0,0,0

size_mm=462,388

window_size_ratio=1.000  

position=0

visible=0

ident=150

window_size= 0.5,0.5 //0.250, 0.280

window_pos= 0.000, 0.300

zorder=0

gauge00=FSGPSCarenadoPA-34!gps_500,  0,0,462,388

gauge01=PA34SEN!Toggle_GPS,  35,41,336,245

-----------------------------------------------------

The Seneca has much little details to explore :)

I think the noise is just right but that depends on your sound settings in FSX.

Yes.  I agree Plexi.  The engine noise in the Seneca is exactly right.  I was complaining about the Duke being too loud.  And yes, I knew about the GPS pop-up with Shift+2.  Perhaps I was using it in a difficult place.  I was flying into Bankstown and there appears to be a million airports around Sydney so it was difficult to see YSBK in amongst all the other mess!

C'mon man.  Let me have a moan.  At my age it's one of the things that keep me happy! ;D

John

Archived