Calling all FSX "misfit" (non-fitting) airports

Neil Hill

Hi guys,   

Not 100% sure this is the right forum, but here goes.  Using P3D 3.35 and flying around Eglin AFB over to KHRT (Hurlburt field).   Noticing trees bleeding onto the tarmac at KHRT.   Using Orbx North America landclass, global vector etc.     How to fix please?

X9Z2JG.jpg

just had a look at my end, no issues all looks fine :ph34r:

in the past I've solved this with backing up the terrain.cfg and and insert the attached one, at least for fsX not sure it will work in P3D

unzipp it and then drop the terrain.cfg in your main fsX folder

terrain.zip

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/10/2016 at 3:19 PM, Wolter van der Spoel said:

just had a look at my end, no issues all looks fine :ph34r:

in the past I've solved this with backing up the terrain.cfg and and insert the attached one, at least for fsX not sure it will work in P3D

unzipp it and then drop the terrain.cfg in your main fsX folder

terrain.zip

Ho Wolter.  Unfortunately that didnt work in P3D.  (now up to v3.4)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

PAOR Northway in AK looks to be a bit of a mess with water from the rivers/lakes sloping up into the airport building areas and all about the runway at various spots. I suppose it might not seem too bad with frozen water chosen for the winter, but I avoid that option because of the "tree problem" created at other airports. 

• 2 weeks later...

KVHN - Van Horn Texas, Culberson Co airport. (Yes, I know this is an obscure one).  The windsock is in the middle of RWY 3-22.  I don't know if this is even an Orbx problem, since this is a default FSX airport, but I post it here for what it's worth.

Ken

2016-12-1_12-30-23-359.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Kingman, AZ (KIGM).  A forest of pine trees all over the airport, including blocking much of the ramp and RWY 17/35.  I have Vector, NA OLC, and So Cal scenery installed; don't have a clue as to which level causes the problem.

Ken

KIGM-1.jpg

KIGM-2.jpg

KIGM-3.jpg

• 3 months later...

Just reporting that the airstrips I've reported were not fixed in the latest OLC NA patch. Still tree all over the place.

They weren't listed in the release notes so I wasn't really expecting them to be, but mentioning it anyway.

• 2 weeks later...

1N2 Spadaro and N49 Lufker are both misfit airports. These two airports are right next to each other separated by a grass taxiway. Lufker is a grass strip and Spadaro is a paved runway. 

Brian

• 1 month later...

Here's another one that I don't believe has been reported:  NCMK, on Ma'uke (Cook Islands), to the northeast of Rarotonga (NCRG).  I can't understand how nobody has found this one!

Unlike the Bahamian airfields, at least this one has its own little island, but it looks rather ridiculous:

2017-5-15_22-51-48-943.jpg

Capture.PNG

2017-5-15_21-58-39-237.jpg

A quick Google Maps visit: https://goo.gl/maps/SLMojyHron82

Also, nearby Aitutaki (somewhat to the northwest) is nominally correct but the airport polygon is perhaps a bit too wide.  I can understand if that's not really a priority, however.

2017-5-15_22-52-29-56.jpg

Edited by Sabretooth78

• 4 months later...

Hello Don,

you have an open topic showing you that the airport itself is not broken.

Please don't request the time of a developer for something that is most likely a problem

on your PC.

You will see that I have answered the topic and it is awaiting your attention.

Thanks.

• 4 weeks later...

(Content transfered from a post on the Vector support forum)

Recently flying into British Columbia, had some issues at the  a.m. airports

CBW3: both runway ends are over water...

lv6UJPR.jpg

CZST: As per Google imagery available, looks like a piece of land is missing at one end of the runway

vynlDYt.jpg

Regarding CBW3, checking further lets me think that the airport is possibly not misplaced. Apart from a few decimals after the dot, or comma at my side, both runway ends are quite exactly at the same coordinates in both Google and P3D v4.1.

Regarding CZST, I come also to very close coordinates between Google and P3D.

Of course, using ADE, I could easily move the airports to have them on land, but depending on the source used for drawing Vector, is the land at its actual place?

BTW : no specific scenery installed for these two airports.

I also remember that I did post a while ago, and some P3D earlier versions, that I had a slight heading deviation at PASI between the runway, and the piece of land on which it was built.

I must say that with P3D v4 and the latest Vector version, the problem has gone, but I can not ascertain whether LM reoriented the runway, or if the Vector data benefited a more accurate source.

Of course, there is here no tragical issue, just ennoying visual issue.

Thank you for your attention and help

Blue skies

• 2 weeks later...

The very best I could achieve with my poor not to say inexistent knowledge of ADE...

CBW3 looks more where it should be, although location should be improved...

fTrbkM6.jpg

CZST southern runway repositionned into P3D4 as per Google image

RefJIYN.jpg

And the way it looks in Google Maps... Dyke Road does not end on water, but on land...

annYm3S.jpg

Blue skies

• 3 weeks later...

Oh, a lot of Alaska ones are goofy too. CAB5, CBM5, CBW4 and PAWG all have vertical water around and PASI has the marina on dry land with Vector. I know not all will be caught but hopefully with this list going if updated with a running list we can all see if one has been reported or not and list it we can get most of them corrected? 

2017-11-14_13-8-49-804.jpg

2017-11-14_13-4-53-496.jpg

2017-11-14_12-55-48-519.jpg

In a recent post of mine (linked below for reference), I found some Vector issues at various islands in the Pacific.  Anyway, as part of doing so I found a host of "misfit" airports which I will list below.  I'm not expecting these to be fixed immediately, in fact I'll probably fix (or attempt to fix) a bunch of them myself.  But I figured we might as well get them on the record as they are "bugs" nonetheless:

AGGQ Ontong Java

N55 Jaluit

NCMK Mauke

NFNM Matei

NFTP Niuatoputapu
NGTE Tabiteuea
NSFI Fagali
NTAR Rurutu
NTAT Mataura
NTAV Raivavae

NTGD Apataki

NTGE Reao
NTGF Fakarava
NTGH Hikueru
NTGJ Totegegie
NTGK Kaukura
NTGM Makemo
NTGR Aratika
NTGT Takapoto
NTGW Nukutavake
NTGY Tureia
NTKA Kauehi
NTKM Takume
NTKR Takaroa
NTKT Katiu
NTTX Mururoa
NTUV Vahitahi
NVSE Sangafa
PCIS Canton
PKMA Enewetak
PLCH Cassidy

PLPA Palmyra

Q51 Kili
TT02    Ulithi

Edited by Sabretooth78

• 2 months later...

Hi Drizzle,

This is not the correct  thread for your EGHA issue, try the main forum.  This thread is for misplaced (ie: misfit) stock FSX airports that showed up when "Vector" corrected the worlds shorelines.  EGHA is one of our payware airports.

Cheers, Neil