Will ESSA Stockholm Arlanda work w UltTerEurope?

erik777

Hello,

I'm looking into buying ESSA Stockholm Arlanda.

I'm new to Orbx products & have no Orbx products installed.

I wonder if  ESSA Stockholm Arlanda will work in my FSX with Ultimate terrain europev2 installed?

Also how much disk-space is ESSA Stockholm Arlanda using?

Thank you!

4 hours ago, Aviator1979 said:

I have it installed with ut europe no problems, but always scan for duplcate afcads when installing  new airports so you can modify the status of repositioned airports in the ut setup tool, greets.

Do you have FTX Global or OLC Europe installed too, or only UTE?

Thank you.

ESSA relies on core FTX Global files such as autogen trees and buildings, 3D lighting and blending of the airport boundary to function as Marcus intended it to. It also relies on ObjectFlow to place many objects around the airport at different times of the year, so you must install the latest Orbxlibs as a mandatory addition. Orbxlibs are free to download from here: https://fullterrain.com/support#orbxlibs

By all means install it over UTX but you can't expect Orbx staff to offer technical support for any potential issues that arise.

No support in case of using it out of its specifications that means with FTX Global. Do you request support from Boeing if you replace the 737 landing gears by Airbus ones ?

22 minutes ago, Richard Bui said:

No support in case of using it out of its specifications that means with FTX Global. Do you request support from Boeing if you replace the 737 landing gears by Airbus ones ?

What I can tell you is the blend with Global is perfect...

Uploading a video now

Ben

4 hours ago, John Venema said:

All you need is FTX Global BASE, all the other products (openLC EU, Vector, TreesHD) are optional. They improve the overall experience of course, but they're not mandatory.

So to get it working I need, Essa Arlanda (2,4Gb), Orbxlibs (1,5GB) & FTX Global Base (9GB), is that correct?

Thank you.

Yes, about a quarter of the size of a day one patch for a new PS4 game.

If you see FTX Global as a necessary 9GB burden to make ESSA work as intended, then you're missing the point of the Orbx Ecosystem - we make airports not for default FSX or P3D, but for Orbx FTX Regions and FTX Global. Call it evil marketing or genius, but it's intentional :rolleyes:

A side benefit of course, is you get the best terrain textures available for the entire plant. Not a bad compromise.

I could stand to be corrected but the 9 gig of Global Base is to replace 9 gig of files already in your sim.  You can back those up which would increase your space used  but then you could also store those off of your main drive onto a portable drive.  So basically total disk space is 3.9ish gigs?!

Since Orbx might be your first purchase, they do offer freeware products that showcase their fields but ultimately its up to what you want out of your simming experience.  If its top of the line scenery, then Orbx fits that bill.

Archived