EBLG

Bugdani

If you want a free way, you should know a bit of SDK.

First, identify which bgl file is responsible of the placement of the static aircraft, you can use a decompiler to convert to a xml file. Then you are able to remove or change location of each items. Once task done, compile the xml to bgl and put it into the scenery directory where you found the bgl. The tool is available at ScuffyDuck's (same place than ADE)

• 1 year later...

I, too, have not been able to figure out how to remove the static planes. Decompiling the bgl file to an xml is easy, but to figure out which object is an aircrafts is not. So if someone has broken the code please let us know. Flying online means little use for static planes, as they only take up parking stands assigned to you by atc.

Torben

• 2 years later...

Finally got the time and patience to remove most of the static aircrafts from the ADE_FTX_FTXG_EBLG_OBJ.BGL file. I've only left a few GA aircrafts. Also some ground equipment, which blocked some of the stands have been removed. Question to the OrbX team: Would it be allright to post the recompiled bgl file here (or share it for that matter to others)? I do not want to infringe the copyright of the creators.

regards

Torben

• 1 month later...

Hello,

best not to post customer made amendments.

On the subject of removing statics, I wonder if this would be easier.

Load the airport into ADE, then load the objects bgl file.

Look at the list of scenery objects and delete all the named aircraft.

Recompile the airport. 

Although the airports are freeware they were created for Orbx and are Orbx property. If you modify them for personal use probably there is no problem. You cannot distribute the revisions without Orbx permission. As far as I know all the airplanes were placed with Instant Scenery so that would be the best way to modify. Even though there are a number of airplanes at most airports there are still a large number of parking spots available. I use UT Live and have never had a problem with available parking even with traffic turned up to 100%.

Larry

Thank you for your reply. I'll refrain from destributing the file and only use it personally. As I do not have Instant scenery I had to do it the hard way of identifying the individual planes by lat/lon. It would have been nice, if the developers had put the static planes in their own bgl file. Anyways, thanks for your answer.

Torben

Archived