[ANSWERED] Winter Colours Brisbane Area

Hi Corby,

Congratulations on a superb product, the detail and realism is almost photographic!! :)

However, I have been doing a lot of "flying" in the sim around the Brisbane area where I did my flight training not so long ago (1998 - 2001) using the current time and season and it seems to me that the area is far too brown and dry looking.  I am thinking that it may have been based on photographics taken at the height of the recent drought.  Such is not the case now with all the rain we have had recently and the area is now lush and green and more like what is depicted in the Summer textures of FTX.

Matt had some custom landclass scenery in VOZ to cater for both wet and dry seasons.  Maybe something similar could be done in FTX.

Even so, this stuff blows me away!!!

Bernie  

Hi Bernie,

I think you are referring to the freeware photoreal release many moons ago as part of the Orbx freeware airport bundle, this has browner coastal marshes/mud flats and also includes the fishermans island dock at the mouth of the Brisbane river.

Myself and Marty are currently working on Orbx Brisbane international, which is a detailed replication of Brisbane international airport, that also includes many many square kilometers of 15cm and 60cm per pixel photo real landscape accurately colour matched to the location and to all seasons!

Brisbane International is due for release in the second half of 2009.

Some very early development shots of this project....http://orbxsystems.com/forums/index.php?topic=8871.0

Russ.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Bernie.

Ta for the feedback.

Just had the opportunity to fly into Brisbane last week. While the place looks pretty green at ground level in the suburbs, it's a bit different from the air. In short, SEQ curently looks like a cross between FTX AU Gold WI and SP seasons. It's mostly hayed off with a small and occassional bit of greenery in the grass and paddocks. I based my WI colouration on my experience of GA flights from YBAF, associated photograpy, GE imagery, and my Brother's and Dad's observations of the seasons from their flying at YBAF, pre-drought. So, it's not bad, but not completely right given the current winter rains.

Hi Russ,

Yes I have perused that stuff before and it will be great when it is finally released.

Archerfield has always been sadly neglected in all versions of FS even the scenery in VOZ for FS9 lacked reality and even has 2 towers.......still! :(

the Ozx team have a rendition for FSX but it is also far from reality.  However, what has been done is a fine effort even with the inaccurate AFCAD and clutter of GA planes right at the entry to 28R.  The rendition of the terminal building is far closer to reality than it was in the FS9 VOZ version.

A year or so ago, just before the Brisbane VOZ members had a meet at YBBN I did a walk around with my camera and took a bunch of pics around the terminal area showing many of the buildings in their respective places but thus far nobody showed any interest in them.

It won't be too long before YBBN has 2 runways and I think Anthony Lynch is working on a rendition of it for FS9.  I saw that on the VOZ forum.  Unfortunately a problem arose and I have heard nothing more.

Bernie 

Archived