SoCAL: KLAS Floating Building

Airwolf

Hey Guys,

Happy New Year 2016 Orbx Devs,

Hope you all had an excellent NYE events.

I have to report a funny issue which is about these floating buildings see above KLAS airport.  If I pan up above the airport on runway 25R (Default active runway); I do see that the buildings which are supposed to behind the airport. 

If I keep moving the pan around the airplane - I do see the buildings are actually on top of KLAS and floating.  It is always there even after take off.

I do have Orbx Vector installed and yes I did run auto-configuration for the airports.  FTX Central 2 is set to Full North America with the latest Libraries installed.

Shaders have been deleted and sim was been tested and every time it is the same floating buildings

I am using P3Dv3.1

Thanks

Airwolf

PS - Images are resized to HD res from 4K

If I pan down the building is floating and when I zoom on the runway for takeoff the buildings are floating.

klas25Rfloatingwindows.jpg

Now If I pan the view like below; you will see where the building is aligning itself

klaslooksfinewhenIpanup.jpg

Hi there,

I can see three instances of the main control tower in your second screenshot, which indicates that you have more than one airport facilities files active for KLAS. Run a Windows Explorer search of your entire P3D directory for all .bgl files that include KLAS as part of their names and post a list or screenshot of the results with full file and folder names. An example of that approach is http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/107783-kors-elevation-issue/?do=findComment&comment=970703

Cheers, Holger

Hi Airwolf,

if the AEC tool scan was successful it should have renamed the ABP_, AEC_, and APT_KLAS .bgl files to .inactive and reset the ABP_KLAS_Default.inactive to .bgl. If that didn't happen the you should add KLAS manually from the left to the right windows in the AEC tool and press Apply.

That would only account for one duplicate tower though and also not that floating building. I'm not seeing any other KLAS bgl file on your list so I don't know where the additional items would come from. If MyTraffic includes its own airport files then try looking for a KLAS file in its folder; perhaps you have it located outside of your P3D installation?

Attached a screenshot of how KLAS should look with just the SCA version active. Note just the one tower and no additional/floating building next to the parking garage (the screenshot is from FSX with my ancient WOAI AI setup).

Cheers, Holger

FTX-SCA KLAS RW25R with WOAI.jpg

Holger Thanks,

Looks like it was MyTraffic P3D.  I had no idea it had a obj file.  I disabled the two bgl's with KLAS on it.

BR2_KLAS.BGL

BR2_KLAS_KA_OBJ.bgl (Disabling this brought 1 tower back).

I assume the other file BR2_KLAS.bgl is afcad file.  I assume I should disable that one too as I want to use SCA's KLAS afcad file.

Is my thinking correct here?

Hey Holger and everyone else.

I did a check inside my traffic p3d (latest release and patches).  There were just a few files with OBJ.  I did see SFO, and KLAS, and just few other airports.  I figured SFO needs to be disabled as NCA SFO is on it, and KLAS is inside SCA.  I left everything else as is.

This info could be useful to others especially for users who have NCA and SCA - KSFO, KLAS

Thanks

Archived