New UK airports for Airline2Sim?

kevinfirth

With the announcement of Welshpool, just wondered if there was any possibility of Orbx doing any more UK airfields?

The larger places you've already done like Southampton and Sumburgh have already or are going to be used (I think?) by A2S.  As theyre doing the next part of the Q400 training shortly and are in bed with FSLabs now and going to be using their A320, I think there may be some more commercial opportunity for linking in together with airports big enough to take those aircraft? 

I know Ben would love to use some more airports of yours for upcoming work of his... a shame that Welshpool would struggle to take an A320 or a Dash though :P

Welshpool is a project that has lingered on the back burner for nearly two years, if it sells like mad then of course that would spark interest in developers to look into more UK airports, but its completion is really for the sake of not leaving an almost-done project laying around any longer :)

I still think that there is a potential market for some UK airports that can handle aircraft like the Majestic Q400. To be honest, the airport that I would like to see most of all would be EINN Shannon in the Republic of Ireland, since the FS world is crying out for a decent version of that. The location next to the Shannon Estuary is stunning, and that long runway is capable of handling anything!

4 hours ago, Christopher Low said:

I read somewhere that EGKL Deanland was also in development when the decision to stop making UK airfields was made. Is there any chance of that ever being finished? It is one small airfield that is not included in UK2000 VFR Airfields Volume 1.

I'm not aware of EGKL ever being in development. We don't typically stop development of an airport or region for business reasons if considerable work is already underway. It is usually a result of external circumstances with the developer of a project that causes projects to be shelved.

Edit: found it in a product roadmap from 2 years ago, I don't think the project ever made headway.

• 2 months later...

Archived