Anomolies with Region Switching

I am seeing what I think are some anomalies with a new install under P3d v3.

So far I have installed FTX Global Base, openLC Europe and EU England. I understand that when flying only within an Orbx full region I apply that region, and that seems to work fine for EU England.

My understanding is that if I then want to fly long haul from say London (without EU England) to Hong Kong I apply the FTX Global group (Global Base and openLC) without hybrid mode. If I do this Hong Kong seems to be okay.

But if I want to fly from London (with EU England) to Hong Kong I tick hybrid mode and then apply EU England. But when I do this England looks great, but Hong Kong now looks completely different and doesn't look right at all.

I see similar differences between these two scenarios with destinations all over the globe, but I don't remember seeing such significant variations with my previous similar set-up on p3D v2.5 (although I might have done and not noticed).

Can anyone confirm that what I am seeing in the sim is how it should be, or if maybe I am doing something wrong / have a corrupt install?

Thanks in advance

Luke

post-35240-0-55548800-1446578403_thumb.p

post-35240-0-33669000-1446578408_thumb.p

Thanks Nick, that is different to what I was doing previously.

However trying as you suggest with Global applied, the visuals at Hong Kong still seem to be drastically different when comparing having hybrid mode on (for flying from EU England) with hybrid mode off (for flying from openLC England).

Should these differences be there?

Luke

Hi Nick / Anyone

Haven't heard back on this and I'm still trying to get some confirmation to set my mind at rest whether I should uninstall and start again or press on installing more ORBX add-ons.

I am still getting these noticeable differences (exactly as per the screen shots I posted as an example) with areas outside of full ORBX regions comparing hybrid mode on to off, both with FTX Global selected. I believe hybrid mode off shows the correct rendition, but with hybrid mode on a lot of the greenery is replaced with industrial textures.

Is this correct? Do others see this?

Luke

Archived