old installer in P3d3..

Just curious if anything has changed in the new installer that is specific to p3d, or if The installer i already have installed and updated is the same thing (installed with estonia), These monster files monopolize every bit of my bandwith for the better part of the day, so i avoid it until absolutely nessacary lol....I apologize if this has already been discussed.  Thanks as always, and good work guys pumping out these updates so quickly.

I can understand its difficult with large files, re-downloading etc, but the new V3 compatible installers are the only way we can provide support to users, as we can not provide support for any user-ported products or use of 'Migrators'.

As for changed content I'm not personally aware of the changes as I don't make the installers, but it would involve changes in registry, file locations etc etc

Best thing is to slowly download the new installers as we roll them out (overnight with Getright perhaps), or wait a while and ask the Flightsimstore to pop them on a DVD for you

Current list of V3 compatible products is here http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/105158-payware-product-list-ready-for-p3d-v3/

Archived