KEGE - typical request from a non-Global user

Adam Banks

I've been totally amazed by all the stunning shots of KEGE. I want it - now!!

The problem is that that don't own FTX Global (or any of the associated products). It's a huge investment for me - and funds are hard to come by these days.

So ... usual (dumb) question: as KEGE is flagged as an FTX Global product, would it work without Global at all - even if in a limited way? Would I be missing loads of objects (or worse)?

I have other NA sceneries (NCAL, PNW etc. but I don't think that's any help).

Adam.

The same question I get a lot with PNG/Samoa, and the answer is always the coloration of the projects photoreal blending with the landclass tiles, it is toned to suit FTXGlobal, that is all, everything else works the same

So go grab some Global airports :)

The same question I get a lot with PNG/Samoa, and the answer is always the coloration of the projects photoreal blending with the landclass tiles, it is toned to suit FTXGlobal, that is all, everything else works the same

So go grab some Global airports :)

Thanks Tim! I think I've seen similar posts in relation to other products (especially PNG). Alway good the get it straight from the horse's mouth though :lol:

Now ... where's my credit card gone, Tim?

Adam.

Thanks Gary! That's very reassuring to hear. In the early days, I remember awful autogen problems with some of the early ORBX AU areas - wrong roof tiles ... all kinds of interactions between add-ons and default FS9/FSX objects or textures, so I've been a bit worried ever since - particularly as I don't always fully understand the relationship between all the components.

Adam.

EDIT: I'll update this topic with some screenshots as and when I grab KEGE!

Archived