Corrupted Small Sections in Rivers (bridges?)

DeeJay06

Hi,

I've added OrbX FTX Global Base to Prepar3d v2.5 (with REX Textures Direct + Soft Clouds) and I'm experiencing some strange anomalies in some rivers.  They usually look like blocky grey piles of rubble stretching across the water, like a hastily-made dam.

Only been on the sim briefly since installing however I've seen this on the Thames in Central London.  I'm not sure if it's a corruption of the bridges or something else.

EDIT:  When installing an error message appeared, stating that FTX Central couldn't find the terrain.cfg file in the P3D main directory.  I saw a topic where another user had this problem and copied the file across to that folder.  I did that too.  Not sure if that's a problem - all other scenery seems OK.

Any help greatly appreciated!

Thanks.

Hi there,

first off, you also need to install the current Orbx Libraries, which are required for all our products and will also deal with the missing terrain.cfg error message: https://www.fullterrain.com/support#Orbxlibs

The odd rocks in rivers are actually a "feature" of the default water display system. Since the FSX/P3D developers didn't flatten river polygons they figured that on overly steep sections it would look better to have the water textures automatically display as rocks. If that bothers you then you can download a modified terrain.cfg file at FSDeveloper: http://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/threads/terrain-cfg-fix.3290/

Please note though that installing that terrain.cfg file will obviously remove all modifications that any third-party add-ons (UTX, FSAddon, MegaScenery, Orbx, etc.) have previously made so they need to be added back in. In the case of Orbx products all you need to do is start FTX Central and re-apply the current group (or switch between different groups). Other add-ons may have similar repair options or require re-installation.

Cheers, Holger

Thanks for the speedy replies guys.

I think what you refer to is exactly what I'm seeing, Holger.  I've used FSX for years but I've only recently knocked the mesh resolution right down - the low res settings might not be enough to trigger the texture change?

I'll get the libraries and work on getting that fix sorted.

Thanks again.

Archived