With sincere apologies to John Venema for asking.

Jack Sawyer

Hi, I read John's pinned post about upcoming products et al.

I was just wondering if you guys have plans to do North America or Southern California.

I'm not asking for timetables or release dates or screenshots. I was just wondering if it's on your distant radar.

I only ask because I have bought so many now and I would like more. Your products are so good it would be nice to have the entire world covered.

I deeply apoligize for asking though.

Please don't take this the wrong way. If you can't answer I will understand but know this, I am in the process of buying ALL of your products. Once a month I get one or two.

Best regards.

Jack

PS: And contrary to what some people say I fly the NGX, full sliders in FSX and have never once had an OOM with ORBX which I was told by some people I would. It's all balony. ORBX is stunning. But I mostly fly with FS Economy so I do a lot of ferry flights and get to see some wonderful sights. Plus, Holger's Tongass is incredible.

Hello everyone,

In the coming week we'll be testing openLC Alaska/Canada which is now about 90% done. Preview screenshots will begin as soon as Emmsie and co get to play with it.

We listen to our customers, and because you've asked for it, we're going to split openLC NA into two products, both triple-installers and FSX:SE ready.

1. openLC NA Alaska/Canada - due August - AU$19.95 (US$14.50 £9.50 €13.50)

2. openLC NA USA - later this year - AU$19.95 (US$14.50 £9.50 €13.50)

The price is effectively half of the original $39.95 planned for all of NA. This approach means you get Artic/Alaska/Canada *now* instead of waiting until later this year, and you're not paying any more for the split products.

The rest of openLC USA is well underway and we are negotiating with more contractors to help refine and better represent the small towns and settlements which have been the major hiccup. We want everyone in the USA to be able to accurately recognise their home town.

In terms of new ground textures there is a vast new palette already done for the USA to better represent the SE coast, deserts, cities, suburbs, rural plains and everything in between. It will be like a 'mega-region' covering the whole of the USA and we're excited about it already!

UPDATE: I've posted some alpha preview shots in the USAhttp://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/100340-first-ever-alpha-screenshots-of-openlc-na/

Vector 1.3

The PILOT'S team are doing final compiles of the Vector 1.3 update which addresses many user reported bugs and missing features and add major new data for PNG and North America. We hope to have this in testers' hands by the end of next week. Vector v1.3 will be a free update and triple-installer.

PILOT'S is under contract to Orbx to product Vector 1.4, 1.5 and 1.6 over the coming 24 months, so the commitment to the roadmap is very real and it's a multi six-figure investment by Orbx, our largest single contract ever negotiated in our company history. We want Vector to be the go-to product for everyone and the only way to achieve that goal is constant improvement.

I hope this news is welcome to you all, and I do thank you for your patience given the delays in our rollout roadmap announced back in 2013. It will be worth the extra wait.

They've also stated that SoCal was being worked on. Hope this helps.

Happy Flying o7

• 4 weeks later...

Yes. I do want it. But I can wait.

I'd rather enjoy my flights, than reading all of the complaints about errors.

I'm not knocking Prepar3d, I use it & like it (mostly). But you should read what all of the little children are complaining about over there.

Better yet - don't read it. It's pitiful.

It's much better to wait.

Archived