Tongass Fjords

Jack Sawyer

Hello, I just bought and installed Holger Sandman's Tongass Fjords and was wondering if I layered it correctly.  I read that both high and low priority files should be below Pacific Fjords so I'm posting a screenshot to make sure it's correct.

Thank you for helping.

Capture.jpg

Hello, Jack.

Tongass Fjords should be placed below *all* Orbx scenery, as far as I know.  That's how I have it installed, at any rate.  Below PFJ itself probably works, as you have placed it, but it *might* "mess" with the Orbx scenery below it in some way.  Safer to place TF below all Orbx scenery, then you'll be safe.

Stew

Yikes, maybe Holger could chime in?

I'd hate to start and argument guys.  And I do appreciate your input a lot.

Thank you.

Gonna test fly right now with it as I posted and see what I can see but it's a HUGE area!  Love it!  Very nice!!!

Hi there,

since FTX Central automatically re-sorts the FTX block each time you switch (apply) a different group, moving the Tongass Fjords entries in between the FTX block will not be retained anyway.

The correct location is indeed underneath the Orbx FTX block of entries; I use the "Tongass Fjords Higher Priority"  as the anchor for my scenery library insertion point in FTX Central; see http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/81550-question-for-holger-regarding-tongass-fjords/?p=747898

There's some confusion in the community whether Tongass should be above or below; with only PFJ installed the order does indeed not matter, however with SAK there's a more substantial overlap along the common boundary (N58) and it's important to let SAK have the display priority otherwise you'll see some odd urban polygons in the woods that should be wetlands.

Cheers, Holger

Hi there,

since FTX Central automatically re-sorts the FTX block each time you switch (apply) a different group, moving the Tongass Fjords entries in between the FTX block will not be retained anyway.

The correct location is indeed underneath the Orbx FTX block of entries; I use the "Tongass Fjords Higher Priority"  as the anchor for my scenery library insertion point in FTX Central; see http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/81550-question-for-holger-regarding-tongass-fjords/?p=747898

There's some confusion in the community whether Tongass should be above or below; with only PFJ installed the order does indeed not matter, however with SAK there's a more substantial overlap along the common boundary (N58) and it's important to let SAK have the display priority otherwise you'll see some odd urban polygons in the woods that should be wetlands.

Cheers, Holger

I will try this.  I found a how to in your links as this FTX insertion thing always baffles me.

[...]

[...]

Cheers, Holger

Here talked who made and understands the thing, I'll just move my Tongass entries to just below the FTX block.

Cheers, Voyager

Try dragging FTX just above the Tongass Fjords entries.

Edit: You may also need to change the order within FSX/P3D to ensure FTX stays below third-party airports.

In other words, ensure Tongass Fjords is moved below the third-party entries, then in FTXCentral2, drag FTX to just above Tongass Fjords (and hence below those third-party entries).

Try dragging FTX just above the Tongass Fjords entries.

Yup!  Did that and it worked.  Then checked my FSX Scenery Library and all is right with the world.

Now off to EXPLORE!!!!  ^-^

I LOVE Orbx stuff and Holger, you did a beautiful job!!!!!

Yup!  Did that and it worked.  Then checked my FSX Scenery Library and all is right with the world.

Now off to EXPLORE!!!!  ^-^

I LOVE Orbx stuff and Holger, you did a beautiful job!!!!!

Ok, now a beautiful screnshot from Sitka-PASI to celebrate!  :)

01-08-201512-47-38PasiSitka.jpg

Voyager

Archived