Strange water landclass? need help please

Dear All,

First of all, please excuse my poor english ability if I didn't expalin my question well.

Secondly, I'm not sure what exactly causing such problem so forgive me if I post question in the wrong place.

I have not yet be able to really enjoy FSX for quite a while due to all the real life matters, but recently I flew a short flight in Aisa and notice I got this strange look on sea, I'm kind get the feeling it is some sort of landclass problem but really have no clue how and when my FSX became like this and it seems I couldn't find the answer on google, so I'm hoping all you experts here could give me some advise please.

Thank you!

I have:

FTX Global (active when taking screenshot)

FSG2010FTX (active)

FTX North California (inactive)

FTX Pacific Northwest (inactive)

FTX OpenLC EU (inactive)

2015-7-26_17-33-9-219.jpg

Once again no coordinates in the screen shot.  Please include the location coordinates in your screenshots with the SHFT Z.  That way the location can be duplicated by others and confirm is it is a simulator problem or, more likely, a user/install problem.

This is for everybody posting screen shots of a problem to speed up possible solutions to the problem.

Once again no coordinates in the screen shot.  Please include the location coordinates in your screenshots with the SHFT Z.  That way the location can be duplicated by others and confirm is it is a simulator problem or, more likely, a user/install problem.

This is for everybody posting screen shots of a problem to speed up possible solutions to the problem.

Hi Spud,

Many thanks for the response.

It's a shame that I did not have the coordinates recorded when taking the screenshot, I was in route from RCSS to VHHH, however after flying in a few different location to confirm the problem I believe all sea looks like this in my FSX now but land seems fine.

Becuase the number of addons I have installed in FSX, things could get a bit complicated, I'm hoping someone who has similar experience for advise please, reinstallation is really my last choice but only if it is obsolutely necessary.

Thanks alot!   

Hi Lee,

looks like you perhaps are using replacement textures for the different types of water. Specifically, in your screenshot it appears to be tropical reef textures that have rather obvious tiling.

We only include custom waterclass and textures with some of our FTX regions and they don't affect the appearance of water textures outside of their respective coverage areas. There are plenty of third-party add-ons available though that do change global water textures, e.g., REX, FS Water Configurator, etc., so you should think about which of those you may have installed.

Cheers, Holger 

Archived