Trees and Houses in Water

iflygary

After my computer crashed about three months ago, everything was working fine until I attempted to reinstall my Australian sceneries.  I initially thought the issue was isolated to Australia only, but no matter where I fly it seems to be happening.  I've tried Global and Hybrid modes as well, and still the same issue. There is one thing that I noticed happened that I'm not certain whether it's the culprit.  While reinstalling the Australian sceneries, the old style FTX Central showed up, with two Oceania modes, but now it's gone.  The only FTX Central version I have is the most current FTX Central 2.  Any suggestions???

Gary

http://fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/image/5rt

http://fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/image/5rQ

http://fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/image/5ra

Sometimes I get the old style FTX Central when I reinstall an FTX scenery and sometimes get a double region. I simply continue on with the installation and when it's done delete the old FTX Central version from the desktop and run FTX Central 2. Have experienced no problems.

Noel

I have had the same problems as IFLYGARY ... after reinstalling after a hard drive crash ...   When starting on Friday Harbor I start at 1000 feet in the air with a stalled plane ...   and there are some other problems ...   question should I start ORBX in North America mode or Global 

Hi Gary, are you up to date with patches and libs?  Do you have an insertion point to keep FTX entries above Global?

Jnes1021, did you run the Vector configurator to adjust the AEC?

Jabble exactly what do you mean by an insertion point to keep the FTX entries above global? Now that you guys have mentioned it I'm sure the problem probably has something to do with Vector since I have the latest patches and libs all up to date. I'm at work now but will report back as soon as I get home in a few hours. Thanks for all of the suggestions thus far. :)

Jabble,

Haha funny is that I never even realized all of that info was even there. Guess that's what I get for not "reading the manuals" fully huh? lol  Well here's what my insertion points look like.  I also took Voyager's advice and unticked the frozen water tab and the issues are still there.  Am I overlooking something??? I'd hate to have to reinstall all of those sceneries again especially since my performance seemed to have improved vastly after putting setting FSX up this last time. Should I maybe uninstall the Australian regions and see what happens???

http://fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/image/5QY

Hi

Did you save the changes after relocate FTX Insertion point?

It seems to me that all openLC is out of place.

openLC should be between Edward Air Force Base and scenery addon and everything below the set FTX.

I think the insertion point has not been properly relocated. Could you repeat the procedure remembering to save the changes?

See how:

InsertionPoint.jpg

27-07-201518-45-10.jpg

Voyager,

Thanks for your thorough explanation.  I tried all of your suggestions and the problems still persist.  I've even disabled all of my Australian Scenery as well as Global and yet the issues are still there.  I'm off to bed now and will try at it again tomorrow.  Thanks for all of your suggestions thus far and I will stay at it until the problems are cured! :)

Are we perhaps talking about a corrupt terrain.cfg?

Stewart,

Hi and thanks for the suggestion.  Unfortunately that didn't work either.  I found in the forums another topic relating to somewhat of the same issue and Holger recommending to "refresh" the terrain.cfg as you eluded to.  Sorry for the delayed response.  This week is my first week back from vacation and I've had limited time to check the forums. I wondering if perhaps a totally new terrain.cfg might help??

One possibility - do you run a traffic program?  I run MT6, and that caused me all sorts of airfield layout problems 'til I figured out it should be way down the priority list.

Another issue - it's recommended you disable Vector when using Australia, as it's an early scenery not entirely compatible with Vector, though that wouldn't explain the issues elsewhere.

Are we perhaps talking about a corrupt terrain.cfg?

Success!!  Stewart  you were correct. It was indeed a corrupted terrain.cfg.  I attempted to do the "refresh" as Hogel suggested but the only thing that worked was copying my terrain.cfg from FSX I have installed on another computer.  No more houses and trees in water. :)

One possibility - do you run a traffic program?  I run MT6, and that caused me all sorts of airfield layout problems 'til I figured out it should be way down the priority list.

Another issue - it's recommended you disable Vector when using Australia, as it's an early scenery not entirely compatible with Vector, though that wouldn't explain the issues elsewhere.

Jabble, at first I did not disable vector when I reinstalled Australia.  I'm wondering if that's what caused the problem to begin with.  I want to put Australia on again, however I'm hesitant to do so until I know for sure I'm doing things correctly. So should I just untick Vector from my scenery library or should I disable it from someplace else?  Also I attempted to reinstall PNW thinking it would remedy the problem. Upon doing so, my old FTX Central reappeared but was still "active " to Australia while my FTX V2 was active to PNW. Is this normal?????

Thanks to everyone for all the input and I'm back in the air!! O0

Gary

To disable Vector, you just need to untick the entries, and retick to enable again.

When you reinstalled PNW, did you install the Orbxlibs afterwards?  That should normally remove the shortcut to FTXCentral1.  It's normal for older installers to bring up FTXCentral1 before that - just close it and continue.

Success!!  Stewart  you were correct. It was indeed a corrupted terrain.cfg.  I attempted to do the "refresh" as Hogel suggested but the only thing that worked was copying my terrain.cfg from FSX I have installed on another computer.  No more houses and trees in water. :)

Jabble, at first I did not disable vector when I reinstalled Australia.  I'm wondering if that's what caused the problem to begin with.  I want to put Australia on again, however I'm hesitant to do so until I know for sure I'm doing things correctly. So should I just untick Vector from my scenery library or should I disable it from someplace else?  Also I attempted to reinstall PNW thinking it would remedy the problem. Upon doing so, my old FTX Central reappeared but was still "active " to Australia while my FTX V2 was active to PNW. Is this normal? ????

Thanks to everyone for all the input and I'm back in the air!! O0

Gary

Good to hear, Gary.  Glad to be of help.  However, Holger's solution should have worked.  The fresh terrain.cfg should have been the cure.  Oh, well....

Archived