Street lights on during the day (Solved: SP1 issue. SP2 fixes it)

Ed Correia

First congrats on an excellent product. Combined with FEX this makes FSX 100 times better. Well worth the wait and I look forward to all the other releases, especially Melbourne airport.

The thing I noticed and I don't know if this a known bug or what but I was flying around at night checking out the street lights that you put in (absolutely fantastic), but when I switched back over to the day time the lights stayed on. The lights only "switched" off when I restatted FSX.

Not a big deal I guess, but suppose you were doing a pre-dawn flight and i guess would be nice to the lights go out when the day breaks. Then again I havent tried this scenario (ie. let time lapse normaly, instead of changing through the menu).

Thanks again Orbx team. You have a an extremely satisfied customer here.

Ed

It may be a bug. It was reported by some beta testers, but none of the dev team could reproduce the problem. We have a suspicioun it could be video driver specific. Can you let us know what operating system, version of FSX and video card you are using please?

Sure thing John

XP pro all updated, FSX with SP1. GeForce 7600 GT is my video card (hence me not using  FSX SP2 because of the ctd's i was getting when i had it installed) with 93.71 drivers installed. Anything else let me know.

Cheers

Ed

Hello again

Installed SP2 and the street lights now do "turn off". I've created some other problem with my install which didn't occur to me when I first had SP2 installed. I can start my flight from the .flt file in the my documents folder but when i select the Free Flight option from within FSX it crashes. Not your problem but i'll figure something out. Might need to uninstall it all and start fresh. Come to think of it , it was a fresh install with SP1 to begin with.  ???

I was going to follow your suggestion and play in windowed mode. But looks like that SP2 solved my initial query. Probably need to go back to an ATI card. Or do the newer Nvidia cards handle Sp2 better?

Cheers

Ed

Well I've uninstalled SP2 as i couldn't get FSX to work. At the main screen when I selected Free Flight or Multiplayer the game crashed. Other options (pilot logs, settings, etc.) worked ok. I'm not going to let the street light thing detract my experience. The lights come on at dusk and like I've said this hade made FSX a whole lot better. I'll stick with SP1 fot the moment until I update to a new card or if Nvidia solve the diver issues with SP2.

Cheers

Ed

Archived